Briana Banos is a TSW advocate who’s shedding light on the aftermath of using topical steroids for an extended period of time. She’s a performer and aerialist by trade who halted her career due to her withdrawal symptoms. As a pioneer, she knew that she wanted to spread the message to others about what she was going through. The first time I took notice was where she appeared on a show called The Drs –
The story was eye-opening and the pictures from her withdrawal symptoms were devastating. It put a lot of things into perspective for myself and others.
She then went on to create a YouTube series which was hilarious!
As funny as her videos were, Briana wanted to take things further. She filmed the first-ever documentary on the over-prescription of topical steroids called Preventable: Protecting Our Largest Organs.
The Goals of this documentary include the following (via her website):
- Unveil the suffering of victims
- Expose the lack of education on the subject of steroids
- Open a dialogue with doctors and researchers about Red Skin Syndrome
- Create an avenue towards prevention
- Give hope to those who are enduring Red Skin Syndrome
- Show genuine facts and studies that have been conducted on steroids
If you’ve ever gone through TSW, it’s B R U T A L and I wouldn’t wish it upon anyone. I wanted to write this blog and wish Briana the best of luck as she makes her rounds submitting her documentary to film festivals around the world.
Break a leg Briana!