In honor of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Royal Wedding tomorrow, I thought it would be appropriate to talk about skin within the Royal family. While most of us couldn’t hold a candle to their lineage and prestige, a commonality can be found in our skin. Whether that be skin conditions, skin tone or showing too much skin.
- Kate Middleton has eczema! Sadly, she was bullied for it at private boarding school.
- Prince Charles, Princess Diana, Prince William and Prince Harry all have/had bouts of rosacea which is found to be inherited.
- Meghan Markle is not the first Biracial/Black woman to join the British Royal Family. Queen Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz the wife of King George III, was directly descended from Margarita de Castro y Sousa, a black branch of the Portuguese Royal House.
- Princess Diana understood the importance of a good skincare routine, and strictly adhered to it.
- In 2003 Queen Elizabeth had benign skin lesions removed on her face, while she was getting knee surgery due to a torn cartilage.
- Blue Blood which dates back to the 1500s was coined with the intentions of keeping the bloodline racially superior favoring those with pale skin and blue veins.
- Handshakes are the only skin to skin contact one should have when greeting the royals, as it is proper protocol. Although this rule has been broken many times over.