- New study suggest reduced risk of nut allergy if exposed in the first year.
- 550 children participated in a study. Some were given peanut snacks and others avoided it at all costs. After the study, children were told to avoid peanuts all year.
- those that avoided peanuts were more likely to have an allergy to it at six years old, than those who ate the peanuts.
- Its been said that a protection built up from their exposure to peanuts was maintained, even if peanuts products were avoided for a year.
- Although it is noted that those with other allergies such as eczema have a greater risk of developing a peanut allergy.
Bottom Line – Expose your kids to peanuts (unless allergic like me!) so that they have a better chance of not being allergic.
*Be you should speak with a doctor and do your research to find out that best approach for you and your family.