When it comes to house plants, bathrooms are the one place that gets neglected the most. We often forget that bathrooms are our personal sanctuaries. Its where we begin and end each day to decompress.
Incorporating plants into your bathroom are a great way to add a calming element, breathe in better air quality and boost your energy. Bathroom plants require minimal lighting and are said to improve overall health, especially for allergy sufferers.
When I was researching, I happened to stumble upon Plant Care Today, which is an extremely informative plant website. The information ranges from gardening to landscaping to general knowledge of everyday house plants and more.
They compiled a phenomenal list of bathroom plants which I’ve summed up here…
- Bamboo – It’s inexpensive, easy to maintain and requires low lighting.
- Ferns – Known to enjoy humidity which will compliment your shower usage.
- Cast Iron Plant – For those who are horrible at maintaining plants. This plant is able to survive on minimal water without a consistent schedule.
- Chinese Evergreens – Adds a tropical element and fits well in indoor environments.
- Diffenbachia – This plant’s leaves love to grow and enjoys artificial light.
- Dracaena – With over 40 different styles to choose from, this plant is phenomenal when it comes to purifying air.
- Philodendron – Another tropical plant that comes in a plethora of shapes and sizes, with the heart shape being among the most popular.
- Sansevieria – Known for its tolerance of tough abuses, this plant is a great air purifier, low maintenance and rigid spears.
- ZZ Plant – A South African plant know for its sturdiness and tolerance of a drought like condition.
- Ivy – Not the poisonous ones, are helpful in keep bacteria and mold free air.
- Spider plants – Was actually found to remove high levels of formaldehyde from the air.
For the full list of bathroom plants, check out https://plantcaretoday.com/bathroom-plants.html.