Women’s Health Magazine featured a very informative article about preventing eczema from turning into that itch-scratch-rash cycle, during the cooler Fall and Winter months.
Here are a few tips –
- Moisturize! Choose a formula that’s have hydrating ingredients such as shea butter. Don’t even think about picking up a scented formula and use mild soap and detergent.
- Avoid hot showers on a chilly day. This is definitely a hard one, but the hot water strips your skin of the natural oils, thus making it drier.
- Wear breathable fabrics. No wool, fleece or anything else that traps moisture and heat.
- SPF – during the Fall and Winter months many underestimate the strength of the sun. You can still get skin damage or even a sunburn weather the sun is shining or not. Its best to protect your skin at all costs.
- Humidifier! A must during the harsh winter months (if you live in a colder climate). This will help with add moisture to your skin and the air.
Source – http://www.womenshealthmag.com/beauty/eczema-in-winter